Road to NOVA: Preliminary FAQ Released
Hey all, Son of Adam here with the next part on The Road to NOVA. Recently the provisionary FAQ came out. This is interesting even if you are not going to NOVA because you can discuss the legitimacy of some of their FAQ’d answers to some of the holes in the new edition before GW officially makes a ruling on it.
There are some points of particular interest that I want to note:
- Flyers cannot leave combat airspace the turn they come in from reserves (second turn for air force vs. air force just got important)
- Flyers in locked velocity just remain in their speed “set” that is combat speed or cruising speed.
- The death ray (Necron Doom Scythe’s main weapon) can only resolve a hit against a flyer if it is shooting in skyfire mode.
- No one gets Flakk missiles unless stated so. (so no one)
- Eldar can target their squad for fortune, guide even if battle brother characters have joined.
- Reserve modifiers affect allies.
- Flying monstrous creatures that have failed their grounded test will remain to only be able to be hit by snap fire and will continue to have to take grounded tests for the rest of that turn. –That one is particularly curious, but it is RAW-
- Wounds do not carry over after challenges.
- Black templar allies do not need an emperor’s champion
- The Space Wolves Wolf Standard needs to be declared for the next assault phase, meaning that if you wish to use it in the same turn you are in, it must be declared as late as that turn’s shooting phase.
- Space Wolves may use their staff, wolf talisman, and deny the witch roll for each psychic power used against them.
- All perils of the warp from Mindstrike Missiles on a squad with Brotherhood of psykers are resolved against the one character (or randomly selected model) in that squad.
These are pretty interesting and there are a lot more in the actually FAQ. Check it out. I especially think the one about grounded monstrous creatures is interesting. I’m not sure if it helps them or hurts them; maybe a bit of both. I also appreciate the clarification for the Doom Scythe’s Death Ray, it balances it in a legitimate way.
I’m interested to see what else they change in the revision.
Have at it folks. Anything you disagree with? Anything you are surprised at? Anything you are happy about?